5th Meeting of NIIF’s Governing Council
- Ministry of Finance Nirmala Sitharaman presided over the 5th meeting of the Governing Council (GC) of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) which was held in New Delhi.
- NIIF is India’s largest infrastructure and private equity fund manager.
- The GC has approved significant updates regarding the bilateral engagements under NIIF.
- The MoU signed between the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) suggests creating the first bilateral fund of the NIIF called the “India Japan Fund”.
About the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF):
- NIIF is a collaborative investment platform for international and Indian investors, anchored by the GoI.
- Formation – 2015
- Headquarters – Mumbai.