Appointments – Who is who?
New Vigilance Commissioners
- Praveen Kumar Srivastava and Arvinda Kumar took oath as Vigilance Commissioners.
- They were sworn in by the Central Vigilance Commissioner, Suresh N Patel at the office of the Central Vigilance Commission, Satarkata Bhawan, New Delhi
About Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
- Formation – February, 1964 based on the recommendations of the Santhanam Committee.
- It was given statutory status in 2003 by Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
- The CVC Act, 2003 provides for the appointment of a Central Vigilance Commissioner and two Vigilance Commissioners.
- The tenure of the Vigilance Commissioner is of four years or till the incumbent attains the age of 65 years.