- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda launched the ‘GOAL’ – Going Online As Leaders of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) in partnership with Facebook at a Webinar in New Delhi. GOAL is designed to provide mentorship to tribal youth with digital mode.
- The GOAL is a unique and influential programme developed to act as a catalyst in exploring the talents of the tribal youth and help in their personal development and contribute in uplifting their society by creating an environment to empower tribal women by connecting them with the digital world.
- This programme demonstrates affirmative actions to reduce the gap between the tribal and non-tribal youth and will enlist them in participation of tribal youth in nation building.
- In this program 5000 scheduled tribe youth(Mentees) will be trained by the experts of different fields (Mentors). There will be 2 mentees under a mentor. The mentors will be connected with the mentees through the digital platforms to share aspirations, dreams and talents.
- The aspirants can apply through an online portal ‘goal.tribal.gov.in’ the application is open from May 4,2020 till midnight of July 3,2020.
- Minister- Arjun Munda
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Founded- 1999