- Arunachal Pradesh (AR)has became the 1st State in India to initiate the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)’s ‘red listing’ of orchids at the state level after it has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) in Itanagar, AR.
- Formation– on 5 October 1948
- Headquarters– Gland, Switzerland
- DirectorGeneral- Grethel Aguilar
- It aims to conserve nature and work for sustainable use of natural resources. It collects data and conducts research, analysis, field projects, advocacy and education.
IUCN Red List:
- IUCN’s Red List of Threatened Species is an important indicator of the health of the world’s biodiversity. This list is serving as a powerful tool to inform and catalyze action for biodiversity conservation and policy change. The IUCN has estimated that these are complications for protecting natural resources.