- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), a statuary body under Union Ministry of Power, conducted an International Workshop on 12-13 December 2019 on ‘Energy Efficient Cooling’at Scope Convention Centre in New Delhi.
- The two-day international workshop was organised as part of ‘Energy Conservation Week’ being celebrated from 9- 14 December 2019.
Objective of Workshop:
- To chart out steps towards accelerating development and deployment of efficient cooling appliances, equipment and systems.
- To reduce energy intensity in country by optimizing energy demand and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) which are responsible for global warming and climate change.
- It was organized by BEE in association with International Energy Agency (IEA) under Super-Efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) initiative of Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) and International Partnership for Energy Efficiency Cooperation (IPEEC).