- Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy, Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh (AP) inaugurated the first Virtual Police Station at the Andhra University (AU) in Visakhapatnam, AP.
- The concept of Virtual police station was initiated by AU Vice-Chancellor Prasad Reddy, it aims to provide security to students.
- The AU facility is focused as a Pilot Project and will later on be implemented in other educational institutions.
- By using these facilities students can file their complaint easily which will be forwarded to police officials after being inspected by the control room.
- The system includes an inbuilt complaint monitoring and action-taken mechanism which will make it easy for the students to get their complaints answered.