- Chief Minister of Maharashtra Uddhav Thackerayinaugurated the country’s first and biggest ‘walk-through’ aviary in Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Udyan and Zoo also known as Byculla Zoo in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The aviary is spread over in 18,234 sq ft, is 44 feet tall and consists of 100 species of Indian and exotic birds.
- The special enclosures for animals like bears, hyenas, leopards, fox, barasingha and antelope are completed and Asiatic Lion, tigers will be included soon.
- He also inaugurated ‘Miyawaki’method, at Bhakti Park in Wadala, Maharashtra to increase cover in Mumbai.
- This method is about planting maximum trees in minimum area and it will be implemented in 64 locations in the state. Nearly 40 types of trees will be planted using this method.