Current Trends in Indian Economy
Government earned Rs 33,422 crore from asset monetization, till date in FY23
- According to reports, the government has already monetized assets worth Rs 33,422 crore under the National Monetization Pipeline (NMP) for 2022–2023.
- The Coal Ministry has raised the most money, at Rs 17,000 crore, and the Ports and Shipping Ministry has surpassed its total budgetary target.
- By executing transactions of Rs 1 lakh crore in 2021–2022, the government exceeded the program’s first-year objective of Rs 88,000 crore.
- The government’s most recent assessment indicates that it will be difficult to reach its overall asset monetisation goal of Rs 1,62,422 crore in 2022–2023, which is expected to result in a shortfall of Rs 38,243 crore.
- National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP) estimates aggregate monetisation potential of Rs 6 lakh crores through core assets of the Central Government, over a four-year period, from FY 2022 to FY 2025.
- Assets liquidated in FY 2022-23 (Ministry wise Monetisation)
- Coal – Rs.17,000 crore
- National Highways – Rs.4,100 crore
- Railway – Rs.1,829 crore
- Energy – Rs.2,000 crore