Defence, National Security and Terrorism
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise “Samanvay 2022” from 28th to 30th November 2022 at Air Force Station in Agra is being conducted by the Indian Air Force.
- The exercise aims to provide a unique platform for the exchange of domain knowledge, experience and best practices with the participating Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member countries.
- In India various national and regional stakeholders are involved in Disaster Management.
- The exercise will promote a synergistic approach by involving various institutions like the Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Border Roads Organisation (BRO), India Meteorological Department (IMD) and the Civil Administration.
- NDMA is the apex statutory body for disaster management.
- It was formally constituted on 27th September 2006, in accordance with the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- Chairperson – Prime Minister.
Ikshak launched at Chennai
- Indian Navy’ s third Survey Vehicle ‘Ikshak’ has been launched in Chennai at Larsen and Toubro (L&T)’ s Kattupalli facility.
- Ikshak is the third of the four Survey Vessels (Large) (SVL) Project which was built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE) and Larsen and Toubro (L&T) for the Indian Navy.
- Contract for building four SVL ships was signed between the Ministry of Defence and Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata in October 2018 for a total cost of Rs 2435 Crores.
- The first ship ‘Sandhayak’ was launched on Dec 5, 2021 at GRSE, Kolkata.
- The second ship, ‘Nirdeshak’ was launched on 26 May 22 at Kattupalli, Chennai.
- The fourth vessel is under construction.
Awards and Honour
National Awards for e-Governance (NAeG)
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) in association with the State Government of Jammu & Kashmir organized the 25th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) in Katra, Jammu & Kashmir.
- The theme of the Conference is “Bringing Citizens, Industry and Government closer”.
- The National Awards for e-Governance (NAeG) was presented under 5 categories of the NAeG Scheme – 2022 to 18 e-Governance initiatives at Central, State and District levels, Academic & Research Institutions and Public Sector Undertaking. This includes 9 Gold and 9 Silver Awards.