- According to a recent report from the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre, titled ‘The Global Report on Internal Displacement(GRID 2020)’, nearly 5 million(mn) people were displaced in India in 2019, the highest in the world so far.
About GRID 2020:
- It is a global reference for internal displacement data and analysis and is widely used by policy-makers, national governments, United Nations(UN) agencies, international Non-Government Organisations(NGOs), journalists and academics.
- It is the world’s authoritative source of data and analysis on internal displacement. It has been a part of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) since its establishment in 1998.
- Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
- Director– Alexandra Bilak