Ease of Living Index 2022
- Ease of Living Index of Indian cities is published every year by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Governance.
- The EoL is an assessment by the ministry based on the quality of life, economic ability of a city and its sustainability and resilience and the municipal performance index (MPI) to assess the performance of various cities.
- The assessment also incorporates residents’ views on the services provided by the administration through a Citizen Perception Survey. The Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) urged people to take part in the Ease of Living 2022 (EoL), a citizen perception survey and ensure that Chennai emerges on top of other Indian cities.
- Citizens can provide feedback on the cities they live in at https://eol2022.org/CitizenFeedback%2c.
- Public feedback will help the Corporation to know where it is lagging and improve its management and it will play an important role in helping Chennai in the 2022 national rankings.
- It has been informed that Rs.5,000,000 prize money will be given to the person who shares the most posts related to Chennai Corporation and Chennai Smart City.