- Jharkhand CM (Chief Minister) Hemant Soren was conferred with ‘Champions of Change Award-2019’for social welfare (Aspirational Districts) by Former President Pranab Mukherjee at a function in New Delhi.
- Award Contribution: The award is contributed to Hemant for his work in the Barhait and Dumka assembly constituencies in the state.
- Dumka Constituency: Soren had won the Dumka constituency in 2009 and lost the constituency in 2014 election and regained it in 2019.
- Barhait Constituency: Soren had also won the Barhait constituency for the 2nd consecutive term.
- Soren dedicated his award to his father Shibu Soren (Former CM of Jharkhand) and to the people of Jharkhand.