- Government e-commerce portal GeM has launched a national outreach programme called ‘GeMSamvaad’, to bring on-board more local sellers.
- The outreach programme will take place from 19 Dec 2019 to 17 Feb 2020 and will cover all States and Union Territories (UTs) of the country.
- It was launched by Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan in New Delhi.
- GeMSamvaad outreach programme will involve local sellers and stakeholders across the country to facilitate on-boarding of local sellers on marketplace while catering to specific requirements as well as procurement needs of buyers.
- Through GeM Samvaad marketplace is also looking forward to receive feedback from users which would be used for making improvements and advancements in system.
About Government e Marketplace (GeM)
- It is the national public procurement portal that offers end to end solutions for all procurement needs of Central and State Government Departments, autonomous institutions, Public Sector Units (PSUs) and local bodies.
- GeM was launched on 9 August 2016 and since its commencement, it has transformed public procurement in India by leveraging technology and making procurement contactless, paperless, and cashless.