Govt – Welfare oriented Govt schemes, their utility
SMART program for Ayurveda professionals
- SMART (Scope for Mainstreaming Ayurveda Research in Teaching Professionals) program has been launched by National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) and Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) under Ministry of Ayush (MoA).
- It is aimed to boost scientific research in priority healthcare research areas like Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Obesity, etc. through Ayurveda colleges and hospitals.
- It has been launched for regulating medical education and conducting scientific research respectively.
- The proposed initiative is conceptualised with an objective to identify, support and promote innovative research ideas in healthcare research areas including Osteoarthritis, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Chronic Bronchitis, Dyslipidemia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, Psoriasis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
- It is a statutory body established under MoA through NCISM Act, 2020 for regulating medical education.
- Works to improve access to quality and affordable medical education, ensures availability of adequate and high-quality medical professionals of Indian System of Medicine in all parts of the country etc.
- An autonomous body of MoA.
- Apex body for undertaking, coordinating, formulating, developing and promoting research on scientific lines in Ayurvedic Sciences.
- Its research activities include Medicinal Plant Research (Medico-Ethno Botanical Survey, Pharmacognosy and Tissue Culture), Drug Standardization, etc.
Initiatives to promote Ayurveda
- Central Sector Scheme for Ayush Oushadhi Gunavatta evam Uttpadan Samvardhan Yojana (AOGUSY).
- 9th World Ayurveda Congress was held in Goa to showcase the efficacy and strength of AYUSH systems of medicine at Global level.