Govt – Welfare oriented Govt schemes, their utility
Oﬃce of Banking Ombudsman (OBO)
- The Reserve Bank of India stated that the volume of complaints received under the Ombudsman Schemes/ Consumer Education and Protection Cells during 2021-22 was increased by 9.39% in 2022 and stood at 4,18,184.
- Complaints related to ATM/ debit cards were the highest at 14.6% of the total, followed by mobile/ electronic banking at 13.6%.
- The Banking Ombudsman Scheme was introduced under Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 by RBI with effect from 1995.
- Presently the Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006 (As amended upto July 1, 2017) is in operation.
- The Banking Ombudsman is a senior official appointed by the Reserve Bank of India to redress customer complaints against deficiency in certain banking services
India’s Foreign Policy
India and Austria to sign migration and mobility agreement
- India signed a “Comprehensive Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement” (MMPA) with Austria.
- While India has been keen to sign the agreement with Austria to resolve issues over facilitating Indian professionals working in these countries, Austria wants to find a way to curb illegal immigration from India.
- Capital – Vienna
- President – Alexander Van der Bellen
- Currency – Euro