- According to the rankings of ‘Central and state governmental water departments based on their efficiency targets for 2019’released by Ministry of Jal Shakti, Gujarat ranked the best for parameters on efficiency targets , while National Capital Territory of Delhi remains in the worst-performing state category.
- Departments wise ranking: The Survey of India (SoI) received top spot among the 7 central government departments reviewed .
- It was followed by National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) and the Central Water Commission. Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) pushed to the last in the year 2019 ranking.
- State wise ranking:However, Delhi improved its position by 6 places to get 35th rank in 2019 as against bottom 41 in 2018. Tamil Nadu (TN) ranked best among the states that significantly improved its ranking. It stood at 13th spot in 2019 as compared to 33 in 2018.
- Rajasthan has been ranked 3rdin the country this time, while in the April-May 2018 rankings, Rajasthan was ranked 16th. In the rankings released in December-2019
About Ministry of Jal Shakthi:
- Founded– 2019. (Preceded by Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation from 1985)
- Headquarters– New Delhi.