International Human Solidarity Day (IHSD)
- The day is observed on December 20 to create awareness about the need to reduce poverty in independent nations and to boost the economic, social and cultural solidarity of people all over the world.
- As part of the UN’s Sustainable Development agenda, 2030 IHSD is promoted by the World Solidarity Fund and United Nations Development Programme
- On December 20, 2002, the UN General Assembly introduced a World Solidarity Fund to help counter global poverty.
Profile of States
India’s First and World’s Second Infantry Museum
- India’s first and World’s 2nd Infantry Museum and Research Centre was inaugurated in the Mhow cantonment in Indore district, Madhya Pradesh.
- The museum was inaugurated on the eve of 75 years of raising of the Infantry School and to commemorate the Vijay Diwas (December 16, 2022)
- It has been set up under the aegis of The Infantry School, Mhow.
Defence, National Security and Terrorism
- INS Vagir is the fifth Scorpene class conventional submarine.
- It was delivered to the Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd. (MDL) in Mumbai.
- The ship is scheduled to be commissioned into service in January 2023.
- The sixth and last of the Scorpene class submarines is INS Vagsheer.
About Project 75
- Project 75 is a $3.75billion deal signed in October 2005.
- Under the project, Six Scorpene class submarines are being built by MDL under technology transfer from the Naval Group of France.
- The six submarines are
- INS Kalvari, was commissioned in December 2017
- INS Khanderi in September 2019
- INS Karanj in March 2021
- INS Vela in November 2021.
- INS Vagir in January 2023
- INS Vagsheer launched in April 2022
- Under Project – 75I, six more advanced conventional submarines will be launched.
- The Indian Navy currently has 15 conventional and one nuclear submarine in service.
Awards & Honours
- TN Police Woman Head Constable Thangamalar Mathi was awarded the National Crime Records Bureau 2022.
- Formation – 11 March 1986
- Parent department – Ministry of Home Affairs
- Headquarters – New Delhi.
- An Indian government agency responsible for collecting and analyzing crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Special and Local Laws (SLL).