Incentives to sportspersons who won in national, global events
- Chief Minister M.K. Stalin handed over incentives worth ₹4.85 crore to 190 sportspersons who won medals in various national and international events.
- Athlete T. Selva Prabhu, who bagged men’s triple jump silver in the World Under20 Athletics Championships in Cali, Colombia, and Barath Sridhar, part of the Indian mixed 4×400 relay team which won silver in the same event, received cheques for ₹4 lakh each.
- S. Marees waran and S. Karthi, who was part of the Indian team that secured bronze medal in the Asia Cup Hockey Championship 2022, received cheques for ₹10 lakh each.
- Winners in the International Wheelchair & Amputee Sports Federation World Games in Sharjah in 2019.
- R. Balasubramanian, who secured two gold medals in the 200 metre and 100 metre athletics, received a cheque for ₹10 lakh. A. Selvaraj, who won a gold medal in javelin event received a cheque for ₹5 lakh.
- G. Vijayasarathy, who got two bronze medals in shot put and discus throw events, received a cheque for ₹4 lakh.
- TN CM also handed over incentives to 180 sportspersons who took part in the 36th National Games 2022 in Gujarat.
T.N. to implement scheme for persons with disabilities
- The Tamil Nadu government is planning to implement a scheme for persons with disabilities’ rights, with a financial assistance of ₹763.19 crore from the World Bank.
- The scheme would be implemented in all districts over the next six years.
- Industrial training would be imparted to persons with disabilities by coordinating with diﬀerent government agencies.
- Under the scheme, arrangements for sign language interpreters during important public meetings organised in Collectorates will be made.
About World Bank
- Formation – December 1945
- President – David Malpass
- Headquarters – Washington, D.C.