- According to a latest report by US National Science Foundation (NSF),India has emerged as the world’s third largest publisher of science and engineering articles.
- As per the statistics compiled in report, Chinahas topped the list followed by USA.
Key Highlights of Report
- Chinatops the list as it accounts for 20.67% of all global publications in scientific articles.
- United States:follows China at second spot with about 4,22,808 global publications in science and engineering articles in 2018.
- India:emerged as world’s third largest publisher of science and engineering articles after China (5,28,263) and US (4,22,808) in 2018, with about 1,35,788 science and engineering articles were published in country.
- Other countries which made it to top 10 list are Germany (1,04,396), Japan (98,793), United Kingdom (97,681), Russia (81,579), Italy (71,240), South Korea (66,376) and France (66,352).