- India and United States held security dialogue in Washington. This was their second 2+2 dialogue.
- The countries signed industrial security agreement allowing defense technology transfer.
- The US secretary Mike Pompeo and defence secretary Mark Esper hosted the meeting for Indian external affairs minister Shri Jai Shankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The countries signed agreements on space exploration and defence cooperation. Three agreements under Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) were signed that will help in co-developing critical technologies.
- They also discussed on the efforts put in by the countries together for a free, open and prosperous Indo-Pacific with ASEAN at the centre. The first 2+2 dialogue was held in New Delhi in September 2018.