India’s 1st National Repository for Life Science Data
- The Union Minister of State, Ministry of Science and Technology, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Indian Biological Data Center’ (IBDC) at Regional Centre of Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad, Haryana.
- It is India’s first national repository for life science data which is supported by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Life Sciences is the sciences concerned with the study of living organisms, including biology, botany, zoology, microbiology, physiology, biochemistry, and related subjects.
Bhopal Railway Station awarded a 4-star rating for ‘Eat Right Station’ by FSSAI
- Bhopal Junction Railway Station of West Central Railway was awarded a 4-star rating for ‘Eat Right Station‘ for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- The certification given to Bhopal Railway Station is valid up to 1st November 2024.
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement which is a large-scale effort by FSSAI to transform the country’s food system to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.
- Eat Right India adopts an integrative or ‘whole of the government’ approach since the movement brings together food-related mandates of the agriculture, health, environment and other ministries.
- The other railway stations with this certification include
- Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (New Delhi)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Mumbai),
- Mumbai Central Railway Station (Mumbai),
- Vadodara Railway Station,
- Chandigarh Railway Station.