India’s Foreign Policy
8th Norway-India Joint Working Group Maritime Meeting held in Mumbai
- 8th Norway-India Joint Working Group Maritime Meeting held in Mumbai.
- Both sides joined hands on the Norway-India cooperation on a green maritime future, and presented their visions and plans for a green maritime sector.
- Discussions were held on use of alternative fuels like green ammonia and hydrogen for futuristic shipping.
- India and Norway are a part of the Green Voyage 2050 project.
- Green Voyage 2050 project: Launched in May 2019, this project is a partnership between Norway and the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to transform the shipping industry towards a lower carbon future.
- The Ministry of Ports Shipping and Waterways has prepared Maritime India Vision 2030 and identified more than 150 initiatives across various maritime sectors.
- Capital – Oslo
- Prime Minister – Jonas Gahr Støre
- Currency – Norwegian krone