World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- The 53rd Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum is being held at Davos, Switzerland from January 16 – 20, 2023
- Theme: “Cooperation in a fragmented world”
About World Economic Forum:
- It is a non-profit foundation established in 1971, located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It is recognized as the international institution for public-private cooperation
- Objective: To improve the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas
Hyderabad – Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- World Economic Forum (WEF) has chosen Hyderabad, Telangana for establishing its Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (C4IR).
- C4IR Telangana will be an autonomous, non-profit organization with a thematic focus on healthcare and life sciences.
About Fourth Industrial Revolution:
- It is a fusion of technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing, Genetic Engineering, Quantum Computing and other technologies
- The two-day Think20 meet (T20) is held on Bhopal and it is concluded with the release of Bhopal declaration
- Recommendations of the Bhopal Declaration: Need for development transformation to support transitions towards “Global South and Global Governance for (Lifestyle for Environment) LiFE” and responsible consumption.
About Think20 meet:
- It is the ‘think tank’ or ‘idea bank’ for the G20 summit
- It brings together the think tanks and high-level experts to discuss policy issues relevant to the G20.