Education for Democracy
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution titled “Education for Democracy”
- The resolution is co-sponsored by India which recognizes that “education for all” contributes to the strengthening of democracy.
- Objective: To integrate education for democracy into their education standards.
About United Nations General Assembly (UNGA)
- Year of Formation – 1945.
- It is the United Nation’s chief policy-making and representative organ.
- Headquarters – New York City, US.
Redevelopment of Maldives airport
- External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar launched the scheme for reconstruction of Hanimaadhoo international airport in Maldives with Indian funding
Tribute to a warrior
- Minister Jaishankar paid homage at the memorial of Sultan Mohammad Thakurufanu, the 16th century warrior who destroyed the Portuguese rule in the Maldives.
- Capital – Malé
- President – Ibrahim Mohammad Choli