Kashi Tamil Sangamam
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kashi Tamil Sangamam in Varanasi.
- Both regions Tamil and Sanskrit are the centers of the oldest languages, Sanskrit and Tamil.
- The Programme is introduced as a part of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
- The knowledge partners for the programme would be IIT Madras and the Banaras Hindu University.
- Uttar Pradesh government would be the host State.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- The programme was launched on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- It aims to enhance interaction & promote mutual understanding between people of different states/UTs through the concept of state/UT pairing.
Personalities with link between Kashi and Tamil Nadu
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was born in Tamil Nadu, was the Vice Chancellor of the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The renowned Vedic scholar Rajeshwar Shastri lived in Kashi, even though he had his roots in Tamil Nadu.
- Kashi Kaam Koteshwar Panchayatan Mandir, which is a Tamil temple on the banks of Harishchandra Ghat, and the 200 year old Kumarswamy Matt and Markande Ashram on Kedar Ghat.
No Money for Terror’ (NMFT) 2022
- India has proposed a permanent secretariat for ‘No Money for Terror’ (NMFT), a ministerial conference, in order to sustain the global focus on countering the ﬁ nancing of terrorism.
- The 3rd Ministerial “No Money for Terror” (NMFT) Conference is being held in New Delhi.
About NMFT Conference
- The Ministerial No Money for Terror (NMFT) Conference aims to create platform for international discussions on countering terror financing.
- The conference includes discussions on technical, legal, regulatory and cooperative aspects of the terrorism financing.It aims to set pace for other high-level official and political discussions focusing on terror finance.
- The inaugural edition of this conference was held in Paris, France, in 2018. The second edition of the NMFT took place in Melbourne, Australia, in 2019.
- The third edition was set to take place in India in 2020 but was postponed because of COVID-19.
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is another multilateral body that monitors terror ﬁnancing and money laundering.
- NMFT is complementary to FATF, as the latter is membership based while NMFT is ministerial.
Pensioners can now obtain a Living Proof certificate online
- The central Government has ordered that the pensioners of the central government and Pensioners of the Employee Provident Fund must provide a proof of living certificate (Jeevan Praman) from 1st November.
- However, pensioners, and senior citizens, face a huge lot of hardships in directly visiting the concerned office and furnishing Proof of Living.
- Now, the union government made provisions that pensioners have to furnish the details of their Aadhar card number, Mobile phone number, PPO Number and pension details and register the fingerprint to get the Digital Proof of Living Certificate online.