Latest Inventions on Science & Technology
Bharat Biotech’s nasal COVID vaccine as booster
- Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya announced that nasal vaccine iNCOVACC would henceforth be available for public use as booster dose.
- The vaccine is co-developed by Hyderabad Bharat Biotech and the U.S. based Washington University, was approved in November 2022, for ‘restricted emergency use’ for those aged 18 or older.
- The appointments for the nasal vaccine would be available via the CoWIN website.
Vainu Bappu Observatory (VBO)
- The Vainu Bappu Observatory celebrated its 50 years anniversary since its inception in 1972.
- It is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by Indian Institute of Astrophysics.
- Located at Kavalur in the Javadi Hills, near Vaniyambadi in Tirupathur district
- Stellar discoveries of the 40-inch telescope at VBO were highlighted at its 50-year celebration.
- Telescope was set up in 1972 by Professor Vainu Bappu.
- It is credit with discoveries like presence of rings around planet Uranus, new satellite of Uranus, presence of an atmosphere around Ganymede which is a satellite of Jupiter.