- No change in personal income tax rates
- Increase in cess on fuel by 1 rupee, petrol & diesel to get costlier; while Customs duty on gold and precious items increased
- 3% surcharge hike on an income of Rs 2 crore; 7% on Rs 5 crore and above.
- Corporate tax with turnover of up to Rs 400 crore slashed to 25 per cent from a current rate of 30 per cent.
- Rental laws to be reformed.
- Modern tenancy laws will be shared with states to promote house renting.
- Additional Rs 1.5 lakh tax relief on home loan for purchase of a house up to Rs 45 lakh
- Fiscal deficit in FY 19 has been set at 3.3% of the GDP.
- Govt will start raising part of borrowing in foreign currency.
- Govt external debt to GDP is among the lowest in the world.
- Inter-operable One Nation One transport card: ATM-like Transport card for universal travel on various modes of transport (metro, road, railways etc).
- Govt plans to create MRO (Manufacturing, Repair and Operate) industry.
- PPP to be used to unleash faster development and the delivery of passenger freight services.
- Comprehensive restructuring of National Highways Programme for creation of National Highways Grid.
- Government envisions rivers for cargo transport to decongest roads and railways.
- On purchase of high-rate pooled assets of NBFC amounting of Rs 1 lakh core in this FY, govt will provide one-time 6 month credit guarantee.
- Propose to provide Rs 70,000 crore capital for PSU Banks.
- Regulation of HFCs (Housing Finance Cos) to move to RBI from National Housing Bank.
- Govt to modify present policy of retaining 51% stake in PSUs.
- Govt to continue with strategic divestment of select CPSEs.
- Divestment target of Rs 1.05 lakh crore for FY 20.
- Strategic disinvestment of Air India proposed to be re-initiated.
- Gaon, Garib and Kisan are the focus of the government.
- New Jal Shakti ministrywill work with states to ensure Har Ghar Jal ( water every house) for all rural houses by 2024.
- Every single rural family, to have electricity by 2022.
- To invest Rs 80,250 cr for upgradation of roads under PM Gram Sadak Yojana.
- Govt to promote Zero Budget Farming.
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- A robust fisheries management framework through PMMSY to be established by the Department of Fisheries to address critical gaps in the value chain including infrastructure, modernization, traceability etc.
- Govt to launch ‘Study in India’ programme to attract foreign students in higher education.
- Rs 400 crore allocated for world-class higher education institutions in FY 20 .
- National research foundation to fund, coordinate and to promote research in the country.
- New Higher Education Commission with focus on higher autonomy.
- New national education policy to propose changes in school, higher education.
- To make the Indian youth ready to take up jobs in foreign countries, more emphasis on new-age skills like Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data, etc.
- Propose easing angel tax for startups.
- Angel tax: Wont require scrutiny from I-T department for startup.
- E-verification mechanism for establishing investor identity and source of funds for startups.
- ‘Stand Up India’ Scheme to continue till 2025
- Nari tu Narayani: Women SHG Interest Subvention Programme to be expanded to all districts in India.
- Rs 1 lakh loan to be provided for SHG women members under Mudra Scheme.
A public sector enterprise, New Space India Limited (NSIL) has been incorporated to tap benefits of ISRO
To popularise sports at all levels, National Sports Education Board for development of sportspersons to be set up under ‘Khelo India.’
17 iconic world-class tourist sites to be developed.