- Union Ministry of External Affairs will be hosting 6th Indian Ocean Dialogue (IOD) and Delhi Dialogue XI at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendrain New Delhi.
- This is for the first time that these two dialogues, which are key elements of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), and India-ASEAN calendars will be held consecutively and on similar Indo-Pacific themes.
- Theme for 2019 Indian Ocean Dialogue is- ‘Indo-Pacific: Re-imagining the Indian Ocean through an Expanded Geography’.
- The 6th IOD which takes place on 13 December is being organized with assistance of the Indian Council for World Affairs (ICWA).
- Theme for 2019 Delhi Dialogue is- ‘Advancing Partnership in Indo-Pacific’.
- It is being organized with assistance of Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), a New Delhi–based autonomous policy research institute. The event will be held from 13-14 December.
Key Highlights of 6th Indian Ocean Dialogue
- The IOD is Indian Ocean Rim Association’s (IORA’s) premier 1.5 track forum for dialogue between academia and officials on strategic issues of interest and concerns facing the Association.
- The member states will hold high-level discussions on IORA role within Indo-Pacific.
- The summit was preceded by 25th Indian Ocean Rim Academic Group (IORAG) (took place on 12 December).