Modernisation of Forest Force
- The Government of Tamil Nadu has decided to modernise Tamil Nadu Forest Force by equipping them with modern equipment and technology, training and capacity building etc.
- Strategic objectives include
- Sustainable growth of forest resources.
- Build an efficient and effective department.
- Enable better protection and management of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Strengthen the service delivery infrastructure through regional facilities.
- Ensure continuous updating of knowledge of forest personnel.
- Improve the capability and mobility of field staff to handle Human wildlife conflict issues.
TNPL unit II, SIPCOT park inaugurated
- Chief Minister MK Stalin inaugurated Unit-II of Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL) hardwood pulp mill at a capital outlay of Rs 1,385 crore at Mondipatti village near Manaparai in Trichy.
- The first SIPCOT industrial park of Trichy was inaugurated at Manapparai at a cost of Rs 47.44 crore.
- State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamilnadu Ltd (SIPCOT) was established in the year 1971 to develop industrial growth in Tamilnadu.
- The Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL) was established to produce newsprint and writing paper using bagasse, a sugarcane residue.
- The factory is situated at Kagithapuram, Karur and Manapparai, Trichy.