- National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA), India’s anti-dopingbody has selected Bollywood actor Suniel Shetty has been selected as its brand ambassador.
- NADA hopes that his celebrity status would help its efforts to clean up sports in the country from the menace.
About National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA)
- It is formed by Government of India under societies Registration Act. It includes scientists and representatives from the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- It is the national organisation responsible for monitoring, promoting and coordinating, doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.
- NADA deals with adopting and implementing anti-doping rules and policies which conform with World Anti-Doping Agency.
- It also promotes anti-doping research and education as well as cooperates with other anti-doping organisations besides WADA.