- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C).
- The I4C is a seven pronged system, which includes a cybercrime reporting portal, analysis of threats, capacity building, research and innovation, creating an ecosystem for cybercrime management and a joint cybercrime investigation platform for law enforcement agencies.
- Fifteen States and Union Territories have agreed to set up Regional Cyber Crime Coordination Centres.
- The MHA had unveiled its National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal.
- Citizens can report any kind of cyber crime irrespective of the place where it has occurred through the website. The portal enables filing of all cybercrimes with specific focus on crimes against women, children, particularly child pornography, child sex abuse material, online content pertaining to rapes/gang rapes.
- More than 700 police districts and more than 3,900 police stations have been connected with this portal.
Current Affairs Calender