New guidelines for travel to the UAE
- The National Advance Information Center – UAE has notified that the passport holder should have their primary (first name) and secondary (surname) names mentioned properly in their passports.
- The passengers with a single name (word) either in surname or given name will not be accepted by the UAE immigration and the passenger will be considered inadmissible.
- This is applicable only to passengers with visit visa, visa on arrival, employment, and temporary visas and is not applicable to existing UAE resident card holders.
EV Charging Station at Chennai Airport
- First of its kind, an electric vehicle charging station was installed at the Chennai airport.
- Airports Authority of India, Chennai Airport and Indian Oil Corporation have jointly set up an electric vehicle charging station at Chennai Airport.
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has set up an electric vehicle charging station at the airside of Chennai airport for charging ground handling vehicles and passenger shuttle buses.
- This is the first electric vehicle charging station opened by Indian Oil Corporation outside retail outlets.
- EV Charging station will not only help reduce the carbon footprint within the airport, but will also be cost-effective in terms of daily operational costs.
- e-AMRIT (Accelerated e-Mobility Revolution for India’s Transportation) is a one-stop portal for creating awareness about electric mobility through Electric Vehicles (EVs) in India.
- The portal aims to ease the transition from fossil fuel driven vehicles to electric vehicles by providing all information about policies, incentives, charging stations, business requirements.