Online Processing of Government Documents
- A project is being implemented to process all files in government departments only via online.
- More than 2.5 lakh e-files have been generated so far.
- This would result in better utilisation of manpower, thereby, avoiding delays, leading to better governance.
- It would help improve efficiency, consistency and effectiveness of Government responses; reduce turnaround times and meet the demands of the citizen charter. It will also help in providing effective resource management to improve the quality of administration; transparency and accountability; and cost-effective e-storage facilities.
- As per the e-Governance scheme, all the files will be generated in a computerized manner.
- The Tamil Nadu government is implementing e-Office applications developed by NIC (National Informatics Centre) to process all the files electronically in all government departments/ PSUs/ boards/ agencies.