- The Pakistan Government decided to import Polio markers from India recently. The Government has suspended the trade with New Delhi for months after abrogation of Article 370.
- There are three countries in the world where Polios is still endemic.
- It includes Pakistan, Nigeria and Afghanistan. As of December 2019, Pakistan had the highest number of polio cases in the world. The country has recently decided to import polio markers from India. The cabinet has provided one-time permission for the import.
- The polio markers are used to mark the fingers of the children after they are vaccinated with vaccines that are approved by the WHO.
- The disease is caused by Poliovirus.
- In 1995, India launched Global Polio Eradication initiative of WHO that aims at 100% coverage. With the programme successfully implemented. India has completely eradicated polio. The ;as case of polio was reported in 2011 in India.