Profile of States
- The Forest department of Kerala in association with Noolpuzha grama panchayat has launched the ‘Vanikaran’ project.
- It is an afforestation project to root out invasive plants, especially Senna spectabilis and restore natural forests.
- It is being executed in Sulthan Bathery forest range of Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Its pillars include planting saplings of Bamboo, fruit plants etc. and rainwater harvesting.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is an integral part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan