Railways, India Post join hands to offer parcel service in Coimbatore;
- Indian Railways and India Post have come together to offer ‘Joint Parcel Product’, an initiative to collect parcels at the doorstep of customers.
- The service would be rolled out in Coimbatore soon.
- The programme was announced in the Union budget and it was first launched between Surat and Varanasi on March 8, 2022.
- Under the initiative, India Post will provide the first-mile and last-mile connectivity and station-to-station connectivity will be provided by Railways.
- The service will benefit MSMEs and various industries like spare parts manufacturers. Apart from Coimbatore, it will also benefit the textile industry in Tiruppur, Erode and Salem.