- The Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana was launched for the development of model villages. Under the Yojana, Members of Parliament (MPs) will be responsible for developing the socio-economic and physical infrastructure of three villages each by 2019, and a total of eight villages each by 2024.
- After adopting Jayapur, Nagapur and Kakarhiavillages, Modi decided to also adopt Domari village on the banks of Ganga as a model village for holistic development.
- Key objectives of the Yojana include:
- The development of model villages, called Adarsh Grams, through the implementation of existing schemes, and certain new initiatives to be designed for the local context, which may vary from village to village.
- Creating models of local development which can be replicated in other villages.