- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has developed an e-Governance platform, SAMARTHEnterprises Resource Planning (ERP) under National Mission of Education in Information and Communication Technology Scheme (NMEICT).
- To providequality education to students across all Universities & Higher Education Institutes (HEIs), which is the mission of the Department of Higher Education.
- ERP, SAMARTH, is an Open Standard Open Source Architecture, Secure, Scalable and Evolutionary Process Automation Engine for Universities and HEI’s & caters to faculty, students and staff at a University/HEI’s.
- The SAMARTH team has provided the software free of cost to NIT, Kurukshetra who have implemented it through a collaboration between NMEICT and TEQIP teams in MHRD.
- Objective of this initiative– to automate the processes of the Institute.
- This initiative will improve productivity by better information management in the institute by flawless access to information, and its utilization for various purposes. 38 modules implemented in NIT, Kurukshetra.
- Headquarters-New Delhi, India
- Headquarters– Vasco da Gama, Goa