Statue erected for Rajanarayanan.
- Rajanarayanan, fondly known as Ki Ra who popularised black literature (‘Karisal’) worldwide, passed away recently.
- The Tamil Nadu government renovated the Edaiseval Panchayat Union Middle School in Kovilpatti where the writer studied, without altering its architectural and heritage values and converted it into a museum in his memory.
- The museum will house his works and rare photographs to help the public and students learn about his literary skills.
- His first short story “Mayamaan” was published in 1959.
- He was an eminent folklorist and acclaimed writer from Kovilpatti.
- Some of his popular works include
- Gopalla Grammam
- Gopallapurathu Makkal
- Nattuppura Kadhai Kalanjiyam
Awards and Honour
- Tamil valarchi araichi mandram award – 1971
- Ilakkiya chinthanai award – 1979
- Santhome International Christian Society Best Writer Award – 1990
- Sahitya Akademi Award for his novel Gopallapurarthu Makkal – 1991
- M.A. Chidambaram award – 2008
- Literary achievement special award from The Tamil Literary Garden – 2016
TN inaugurates medical centers at ﬁve temples
- Chief Minister M.K. Stalin in Chennai virtually inaugurated medical centres at five temples under the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (HR and CE) Department.
- Medical centres have been set up at
- Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswarar temple in Madurai
- Arulmigu Mariamman temple at Irukkankudi
- Arulmigu Bannariamman temple at Bannari
- Arulmigu Kallazhagar temple at Alagarkoil, Madurai
- Arulmigu Sankaranarayanaswamy temple at Sankarankoil.