Stay Safe Online Campaign and G20 Digital Innovation Alliance (DIA) launched
- Ministry of Electronics and Information and Technology (MeitY) launched the Stay Safe Online Campaign and G20 Digital Innovation Alliance (DIA)
- MeitY is the Nodal agency for the G20 Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG).
- During India’s G20 presidency, the MeitY will focus on three priority areas, namely Digital public infrastructure (DPI), cyber security, and digital skill development.
- Digital Public infrastructure comprises the physical resources necessary for the use of data, computerised devices, methods, systems, and processes – more resilient, agile, and futuristic for providing the public services.
About Stay Safe Online Campaign
- Its objective is to raise awareness among citizens to stay safe in the online world due to the widespread use of social media platforms and the rapid adoption of digital payments.
- It involves the dissemination of multilingual awareness content in the form of infographics etc.
- Its objective is to identify, recognize, and enable the adoption of innovative and impactful digital technologies developed by start-ups, from G20 nations as well as the invited non-member nations.
- It seeks digital solutions in the six themes viz. Agri-tech, Health-tech, Ed-tech, Fin-tech, Secured Digital Infrastructure, and Circular Economy.