Tamil Nadu CM M K Stalin opens first of govt’s five literary festivals in Nellai
- A two-day ‘Porunai Literary Festival’ is being held in Palayamkottai in Tirunelveli district. TN CM Stalin virtually inaugurated the ceremony.
- Porunai is the first of five literary festivals conducted by the government of Tamil Nadu.
- The other literary festivals are Vaigai, Cauvery, Siruvani and Chennai.
- Porunai which is conducted on the banks of Thamirabarani is a significant one.
- The two-day event will see special lectures delivered by authors and literary figures.
- Archaeology is being established scientifically through various excavations and various initiatives, following Keezhadi, Sivagalai and Korkai.
- The Literary festivals are being held with the aim of taking this pride to the next generation and bringing the intellectual community to the fore.