Free power connections to 50,000 farmers across
- TN CM Stalin was Launching the provision of free power connections to 50,000 farmers across the State at a function held in Aravakurichi.
- Tamil Nadu is aiming to become self suﬃcient in power generation by 2030, with the help of various measures taken by the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco).
- TN secured the fourth place in solar power generation, with 1,528 MW.
New laboratory to ﬁght leptospirosis cases
- In an eﬀort to strengthen diagnostic facilities for leptospirosis, a Regional Leptospirosis Diagnostics Laboratory (RLDL) has been established at the State Public Health Laboratory of the Directorate of Public Health (DPH) and Preventive Medicine in Chennai.
- The National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) approved the establishment of RLDL under the Programme for Prevention and Control of Leptospirosis in 202122.
- Leptospirosis is an acute bacterial infection, that could lead to multiple organ involvement and fatal complications due to renal and pulmonary involvement.
- The onset of the disease has been increasing in India for the past three decades.
- The institute was established to function as a national centre of excellence for control of communicable diseases. The function of the institute also included various areas of training and research using multi-disciplinary integrated approach.
- The erstwhile Malarial Insitute of India (MII) was renamed as NICD in 1963.
36th Convocation Ceremony of Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul
- PM Modi, TN Governor R.N.Ravi and TN CM M.K.Stalin participated in the 36th Convocation Ceremony of Gandhigram Rural Institute in Dindigul district.
- PM Modi presented honorary doctorates to music composer and maestro Ilaiyaraaja and instrumentalist Umayalpuram K. Sivaraman.
- MK Stalin gifted the PM a shawl and the English translation version of the Tamil novel “Ponniyin Selvan”.