Awards for Tamilnadu
- Best performing State – For implementing schemes during the “Workshop on school health and wellness ambassador programme” conducted by the Union Health Ministry on January 16 and 17 in New Delhi.
- Best Converging Mechanisms Award – The National Health Mission (NHM).
- Best Menstrual Hygiene Campaign Award.
- TamilNadu is implementing the Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) programme and School Health and Wellness Ambassador Programme in convergence with the School Education Department through the DPH
About Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK).
- Launched in February 2013 under National Rural Health Mission initiated by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- It is technically called as Child Health Screening and Early Intervention Services.
- Objective: Early detection and management of the 4Ds prevalent in children
- The 4Ds are
- Defects at Birth
- Diseases in Children
- Deficiency conditions
- Developmental Delays, including Disabilities
About School Health and Wellness Ambassador Programme
- It is launched in February 2020 as a part of the Health and Wellness component of the Ayushman Bharat Programme.
- Two teachers in every school, designated as “Health and Wellness Ambassadors”
- They shall be trained to transact with school children, health promotion and disease prevention information in the form of joyful interactive activities for one hour every week.
Vazhuvoorar Dance and Music Festival
- 43rd Vazhuvoorar Dance and Music Festival at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai
- Chief Minister handed over the Vazhuvoorar Award to noted violinist A. Kanyakumari
- Vazhuvoor Ramaiah Pillai (1910–1991) was an Indian Bharatanatyam dance teacher and choreographer.
- He used dance as a form to participate in India’s freedom struggle.
BharOS – Bharat Operating System
- IIT Madras – incubated firm has developed an indigenous mobile operating system called BharOS.
- It is developed by JandK Operations Pvt. Ltd. which is incubated by IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation, funded by the Department of Science and Technology under its National mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems
- It is being provided to organisations that have stringent privacy and security requirements and where users handle sensitive information
- It provides access to apps that meet certain security and privacy standards of organisations
About National mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (NM-ICPS)
- Launched in 2018
The NM-ICPS is a comprehensive mission which would address technology, application and start-up development in Cyber Physical System (CPS) and associated technologies.