Portal for beneﬁt of private schools
- The Tamil Nadu Government launched a portal established by the School Education Department for processing applications for opening private schools and getting fresh government recognition or extension of recognition for schools.
- Over 15,000 private schools will be beneﬁtted from the portal.
Installation of Transponders
- TN Government launched a scheme for installing transponders in over 4,990 ﬁshing vessels at a total cost of ₹18.01 crore.
- The transponders, developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), would help fishermen in the high seas communicate with the authorities in the mainland in case of emergency
Initiatives for Startups
- The Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Mission (StartupTN) has announced special packages of assistance for green tech, rural impact and women led start-ups.
- The government launched a portal, startuptnmentors.com, to connect startups and aspirant mentees with mentors.
- The startups that qualiﬁed for the Tamil Nadu Startup Seed Grant Fund (TANSEED) are eligible for the financial assistance.
- Women led Startups are those startups that should be owned by women or co-founded by a group of women having a minimum equity of 75% in the enterprise.
- Green tech Startups which take upon commercially viable infrastructure projects that promote sustainability and circularity will be funded by the Green Climate Fund.
- TANSEED was launched to support early stage startups with a seed grant of up to ₹10 lakh each.