- The Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Shri Renuka Singhhas inaugurated the National Tribal Festival, ‘Adi Mahotsav 2019‘, which focuses on rich tribal culture, crafts, food and commerce, at India Expo Centre, Noida, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Organized by the tribal ministry, the Festival has70 stalls of the exhibition cum-sale center, where tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, textiles, jewelry has been displayed. About 200 tribal artisans from all over the country participated in this festival.
- Tribal garments manufactured in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) in the North to Tamil Nadu in the South and Gujarat in the West to Nagaland /Sikkim in the East available at the festival.
- For the first time tribal artisans received credit / debit card payments through Point of Sale (PoS) machine. For this, State Bank of India(SBI) has provided special training.
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Cabinet Minister :Arjun Munda
- Formation: 1987
- Headquarter: New Delhi