Union government oﬃces to go digital
- The Government has directed all the Union government Ministries and Departments to migrate to e-oﬃce 7.0 by February 2023.
- So far, 74 Ministries and Departments have migrated to e-oﬃce version 7.0.
- At least 13 oﬃces that are yet to migrate to the updated system
About e-office 7.0
- It is an inhouse system developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Highly secure system with timely security audits and adequate ﬁrewalls.
- It is used for unclassified ﬁles, with two factor authentication and is not available on the Internet but on NICNET (ICT network of NIC).
- The e-oﬃce application will be regularly audited for known vulnerabilities by third party agencies on the panel of CERT-IN
Reasons to migrate to e-office 7.0
- The half yearly report of the Computer Emergency Response System (CERT- IN) states that there were ransomware incidents in 2022.
- Recent cyber and ransomware attack on the servers of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi.
- CERT-IN, the nodal agency for responding to computer security incidents.