- World Archery removed suspension imposed on Archery Association of India (AAI). Indian archers has now been allowed to compete in World Archery Events from 23 January 2020 onwards.The decision to remove suspension was taken by World Archer’s executive Board postal vote.
- AAI will be required to send a progress report every 3 months to World Archery as the federation instructed to update the constitution athlete membership.
- The Archery Association of India had been suspended since August 5,2019. Due to this reason, Indian athletes were only allowed to compete under a neutral flag at events, which directly affected their qualification chances for the Olympics.
- India currently has 3 men and 1 women’s quota place at Tokyo 2020 olympics.
About World Archery:
- Founded-4 September 1931.
- Headquarters- Lausanne, Switzerland.