- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) sent an alert to all States warning about a bug in Android operating system (OS) called ‘StrandHogg’.
- It is a real-time malware application which would pose as genuine applications and access all the users’ data. All android device versions including latest android version 10, are vulnerable to this bug.
- Promon, a Norwegian firm specializing in In-App protection, found proof of this android vulnerability which they call it as ‘StrandHogg’.
- The information about this bug was shared by Threat Analytical Unit (TAU), Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) of MoHA.
- Fact-Android is a mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux kernel (operating system kernel) designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices.
- Initial launch-September 23, 2008.