National Energy Conservation Day (December 14)
- The day is annually celebrated across India to raise awareness on limiting energy loss and showcase the achievements of India in energy efficiency and conservation.
- The National Energy Conservation Day is organised by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) which operates under the Ministry of Power.
- Theme 2022 : Save the Planet in Style.
Defence, National Security and Terrorism
India testﬁres Agni V ballistic missile with 5,000 km range
- India successfully test fired nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni V from the APJ Abdul Kalam Island oﬀ Odisha coast.
- It can strike targets at ranges up to 5,000 km, marking a signiﬁcant boost to the country’s strategic deterrence.
- Agni V can bring almost the entire Asia including the northernmost part of China and regions in Europe under its striking range.
- Agni-V is a nuclear capable Intercontinental ballistic missile developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Formation – 1958
- Functions under the Minister of Defence – Rajnath Singh.
- Chairman – Dr Sameer V Kamath.
KAZIND – 2022
- The 6th Edition of India – Kazakhstan joint training exercise “KAZIND-22” is being conducted at Umroi in Meghalaya from 15 to 28 December 2022.
- The Joint annual training exercise with the Kazakhstan Army was instituted in 2016 as Exercise Prabal Dostyk, which was later upgraded to a company level exercise and renamed as Ex Kazind in 2018.
- Capital – Astana.
- Currency – Kazakhstani Tenge.
- President – Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
- Prime Minister – Älihan Smaiylov