- India’s largest power producer, NTPC Ltd, has invited Global Expression of Interest (EoI) to provide 10 Hydrogen Fuel Cell (FC) based electric buses and an equal number of Hydrogen Fuel Cell-based electric cars in Leh and Delhi.
- The first of its kind move aims to procure Hydrogen Fuel Cell-based vehicles is a project in the country. It will provide complete solutions from green energy to the fuel cell vehicle.
- The EoI has been issued by NTPC’s wholly-owned subsidiary, NTPC VidyutVyapar Nigam (NVVN) Limited.
- The initiative is undertaken with support from the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- It will support renewable energy for the generation of hydrogen and develop the storage and dispensation facilities under the pilot projects at Leh and Delhi.
- The move aims to launch hydrogen-powered vehicles at the decarbonizing mobility segment.